Cannabidiol (CBD) supplements have become increasingly popular in Ireland due to their potential health benefits. CBD is a non-psychoactive compound found in the cannabis plant, which means it does not produce a “high” like tetrahydrocannabinol (THC). Let’s explore the types of CBD supplements available in Ireland, the legality of CBD, and what to look out for when you buy CBD supplements in Ireland.
Types of CBD supplements available in Ireland
- CBD Oil: CBD oil is one of the most popular CBD supplements available in Ireland. It is a concentrated liquid extract that is taken sublingually (under the tongue) or added to food or drink. CBD oil comes in different strengths and formulations, Dosage will depend on a range of factors but you can look at our dosage information to learn more.
- CBD Capsules: CBD capsules are an easy and convenient way to take CBD. They come in pre-dosed amounts such as our 1500mg CBD capsules with each capsule containing 50mg of CBD. CBD capsules may contain other ingredients such as vitamins, minerals, or herbal extracts.
- CBD Topicals: CBD topicals are applied to the skin and may be in the form of creams, lotions, balms, or salves. They are used to target localized pain or inflammation and may also contain other ingredients such as essential oils or herbs such as our 1000mg pain cream which contains peppermint and eucalyptus.
- CBD Edibles: CBD edibles are food products that are infused with CBD, such as gummies, chocolates, and baked goods. They are a tasty and discreet way to take CBD, but it’s important to be mindful of the dosage and the other ingredients in the product. Our customers love to hear that our CBD gummies are FSA approved and completely vegan!
Legality of CBD in Ireland
CBD is legal in Ireland as long as it is derived from hemp and contains less than 0.2% THC. It’s important to note that CBD supplements are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease, and it’s always recommended to consult with a doctor or health professional before using any new supplement.
If you’re looking for more support resources to learn more about CBD, we can help. We love speaking to our customers so please reach out to us if you have any questions or give us a call.
What to look out for when buying CBD products in Ireland
- Quality: Look for high-quality CBD products that are third-party tested for purity and potency. This will ensure that the product contains the amount of CBD advertised on the label and is free from contaminants. Here at HempWell all of our pure CBD oils and broad spectrum CBD oils are regularly tested by third-parties for cannabinoid content, quality and consistancy.
- Extraction method: Check the extraction method used to extract the CBD from the plant. CO2 extraction is considered the gold standard as it is a safe and efficient method that preserves the integrity of the CBD.
- Ingredients: Be mindful of the other ingredients in the product, especially if you have any allergies or sensitivities. Look for products that use natural and organic ingredients. We only use natural ingredients so you can buy CBD products with confidence when you buy from HempWell. We pride ourselves on being the most transparent CBD company in Ireland, so please reach out to us if you have any questions.
- Dosage: Make sure you understand the dosage and how to take the product. Start with a low dose and gradually increase it until you achieve the desired effect. You can use our dosage information guide to assist you, if you’d like.
CBD supplements are becoming increasingly popular in Ireland due to their potential health benefits. The different types of CBD supplements available in Ireland include CBD oil, capsules, topicals, and edibles. It’s important to purchase high-quality CBD products that are third-party tested, use a safe extraction method, contain natural and organic ingredients, and have clear dosage instructions. Please consult a doctor if you are on medication and are thinking about taking CBD.